The reciprocal exchange is a shared experience. The 2 participants live the same fun adventure and challenge. They go through the same cultural exchange and language barriers. Both participants create a special bond in the process as they relate to one another’s journey. The friendships formed are strong and durable, which is key to learning a new language. It has all the Go Abroad + Hosting Benefits in one!
There is also a significant financial advantage due to the reciprocity of the exchange.
Easy 2 Step Process
- Both hosting families will provide the same conditions for their exchange student.
- While in full immersion, the exchange student will be provided room & board & will be considered a full member of the family.
- The participants agree to the full immersion & actively participate in the life of their host family (i.e. help with small tasks & chores, be curious & talkative, go with the flow of daily life, etc.).
- The exchange students fully accept the authority of their host parents & agree to respect the house rules of the host family.
- Host Families and exchange students all agree to speak only English while in the USA & only French/Spanish/Italian while abroad.
Dates & Pricing
- Program starting dates are flexible between June 15th and July 20th.
$1,199 + Airfare
Applications MUST be received by April 30th for the summer Direct Exchange Program.
Step 1 & 2 (see above) can be reversed if needed.
- Finding the “matching” student and family for the homestay
- Travel Insurance
- Selection and preparation for the participating families and students.
- Airport departure and arrival assistance
- Bilingual local coordinator available 24/7
- 24 hour emergency contact.
- Administartion fees.
- Round-trip airfare.
- Personal expenses i.e. pocket money, souvernirs, recreational activities, extra treats, etc. (we recommend about $200 per week)
- Cancelation insurance*